2013 Italian IACC 120 Cup

Hi Alan,
As said somewhere all your video footage are very interesting with regard to tuning.
Observing the first minute of your last video, just to take some reference at 1’.22" and againg at 1’40" it is possible to see that the lower part of the main is floating. I suspect that the Jib is too close. It appears that this is more evident at starboard tack suggesting that the jib boom has not the same angle left/right when close hauled. Is probably matter of 1° or 2°
When running the main shape, close to the mast, is deformed negatively see picture in previous post. Probably the cunnigam tension, if any, need to be reconsidered.
Would be nice if some more experts could give their comments !
Cheers
ClaudioD

Hi Claudio,

I’ve had a lot of e-mail feedback about the floating foot of the main in last vid, could be number of things:

1. Down-haul not tight enough ….doubt that one !
  2. Vang loose, causing boom to float slightly up & down (checked and no movement in vang?)
  3. Mast ram not engaged, causing mast to flex back & forth (can’t recall if it was not engaged?)
  4. Air turbulence pocket being generated behind 12 mm round mast ?

I’m now carefully measuring boom angles, already noted some fittings on the boom were not 100% aligned.

Your comment about Jib too close …are you suggesting possible back-winding of the main ?

The deformed Jib while running I have put down to having wrong luff curve in the main, few months ago changed from 10 mm to 12 mm mast and did not think about luff curve, have since re-cut the main luff and boat is planned to be tested again Thursday.

Thanks for your feedback, it’s always welcome from anyone… amazing when you spend few solid days just focusing on sail tuning what you begin to see and how 1 mmm can make big difference !!!

Hi Alan,
this is what I was suggesting : jib boom too close

Cheers
ClaudioD

Claudio, I was working on ETNZ yesterday exactly on this point; I will come back to this in my next post.

Back to Jaguar, before I can start fine tuning sail settings I needed to correct the luff curve that was wrong due to mast diameter change from 10 to 12 mm, there is lot lesser bend in the 12 mm mast causing the main luff to buckle against the mast, you can see the main luff over-lapping the mast in these pics.

I then traced the new mast curve onto the main and re-cut the main luff to match the new mast bend.

Now the main luff sits nicely on the mast & will start fine tuning sail settings on this boat tomorrow & post results.

Talking about micro adjustment you can see the difference of only “1 turn of the Vang” and how it affects main twist setting on Jaguar.

I really appreciate everyone’s comments, I’m a bunny in fine tuning sail settings so if you see something that can help … please jump-in !

In following post this evening, I will come back to Claudio’s point of back-winding issue and boom angle testing done on ETNZ yesterday. Today I will be upgrading my P.C from XP to Win7 O.S, not how I want to waste a day not sailing:mad: but I’m finding increasing problems XP compatibility these days.

Cheers Alan

Hi Alan,

I suppose, Claudio’s suggestions are right. The jib looks a bit too close.
Perhaps the cunningham slightly tighter to prevent the luffing.

I think, the s-bend main with the closed jib in Claudio’s drawing you see often at big boats to depower the main, while the boat is heeling too much and they got too much weather helm.
(at least, that’s my strategy with my ‘heeling’ Regina)

We saw only the foot of the sail, does that s-bend continue to the top of the mast?

A nice feature would be a third servo as jib boom trimmer.
This should part of the AC120 Rules as option against the Genoa servo.
ClaudioD

To be honest, I am not very happy with those one-sail-servo restrictions in most one-design classes. Too many options lost!

Yesterday spent 6 hrs was on the water with ETNZ, first session started with wind around 5 knots so decided to try begin with flat sail camber with main foot chamber set @ 40 mm with main boom set to 10 mm (2 degree’s) off boats centre line. The Jib boom was set at 48 mm (8 degree’s) off boats C/L with foot camber set @ 40mm.

Visual sail settings had the mains bottom seam hooked to C/L, middle seam pointing straight to stern and closed the main head for full powered-up mode. Then adjusted jib leech to visually match same leech shape as the main and on the water.

The boat felt like it was choking which confirmed the gap between the Jib & main was too closed and not breathing freely (losing efficiency) but keep sailing to get more feeling for the boat as I good see more pressure coming across the lake and wanted to see what would happen.

Minute later wind speed increased and began to see signs of the main beginning to deform (back-winding) at in top 2/3rds of the mainsail. Then the wind speed increased further (12 knots) and back-winding was clearly visible, ok back to the beach and re-do settings for the higher wind speed.

Session two, changed sail camber settings where main foot chamber was reduced to 35 mm with main boom setting increased to 15 mm (3.5 degree’s) off boats centre line. The Jib boom was then increased to 55 mm (9 degree’s) off boats C/L with foot camber reduced to 35 mm.

Visual sail settings had the mains bottom seam hooked to C/L, middle seam pointing straight to stern and opened the main head to de-power the main. Then adjusted jib leech to visually matched again the leech shape of the main and back on the water.

Back on the water the boat felt like it was breathing better with wider main/Jib gap which confirmed increased wind efficiency and main sail deformation (back-winding) was not evident. Then spent rest of the day practicing rounding marks 300 metres away …definitely need more practice there !

Back to Claudio’s numbers of 12-14 degree Jib boom angles, 12 degrees =73 mm and 14 degrees = 87 mm off the C/L, I have not tried these numbers, but I will however, Italy’s IOM Champion and last year’s AC 120 winner (Luca) is one hell of an expert skipper and sail maker & he recommends AC 120 Jib angle should be between 55 mm (9 degrees) to max 65 mm (10.5 degrees) depending on wind conditions.

Tomorrow, back on the water with Jaguar again & will trial Claudio’s numbers and report back findings.

Update on Ravenna, the event has been postponed 2 weeks, moved from 14-15th Sept to new date of 28-29th Sept 2013, ah two weeks of extra practice ….and I need it !! :smile3:

Hi Wolfgang, I have never seen big boats back-wind the main to de-power as it dramatically sail efficiency, was of the thinking that twisting off the main was easiest way to de-power (feathering the head) while maintaining sail efficiency.?

Cheers Alan

Hi Alan,

well, I’ve seen some.
And yes, ‘back-winding’ is only an emergency mode.
But aren’t we too soon in that mode with our rc-yachts :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44V5hl4T7A4&feature=share&list=PLp4VOjWfBLTEapfsOmAl30flqRvOdMq4g

Thanks for sharing your impressions!
I don’t know those conditions in Ravenna, but in chopier waves I prefer those higher amounts of foot chamber.

Hi Alan
glad to hear that wider jib boom angle seems better
The figures I wrote has noting to do with a real AC120, was just an example taken from my memories about a class M.
I shall check in my files, but if remember well the initial adjust on a swing rig was close to 4 fingers, about 14/15°.
The gap was closed until the de-wind effects will appears, at this point and additional degree was added for security.
I do not remeber how many degrees, but probably more the 10°.

Of course the sail shapes and main/jib ratio are producing a different setting. To recall that on a swing rig the jib is around 25/28% of total area and the mast go up to 216cm and therefore the jib aspect ratio is higher then on the AC120.

cheers
ClaudioD

PS: This is an interesting reading !
http://www.ivorbittle.co.uk/Books/My%20sailing%20book/M1-Chapter%209%20Flow%20visualisation%20for%20the%20beating%20yacht.htm

Very light wind today, like watching paint dry but occasional few puffs. Decided rather than set-up Jaguar to my noted numbers I would just set up for what looked right for the light conditions & then make fine adjustments until it felt right on the water & then measure the final settings.

Firstly set the jib boom angle, camber & twist and then the main and final match main twist to be as close as possible to the Jib twist.

After few hours sailing & making tweaks here and there until was happy, brought boat back in and measured settings ….very interesting, Jib boom angle was 75 mm from C/L (14 degrees) main boom angle from C/L was 15 mm (4 degrees) exactly Claudio numbers ! :smiley:

Had to laugh today, as I was measuring & taking pics of other settings, two women were standing in the water and older onee asks if I’m taking photos of her daughter? …. Sorry NO, only of my boat …yeah right ! :winking:

Yesterday was on the water with Red Bull (SWE 63) getting her tuned in (10 knots) was not very happy so decided to throw on the rig from NZL-92 :rolleyes:

Jib boom was set to 75 mm (12 degrees) and main to 15 mm (4 degrees) from C/L and just had no speed, out frustration then moved the Jib forward +23 mm & kept same Jib boom angle and trimmed the main down from 15 to 10 mm (2 degrees) to have same helm balance

It was a different boat ! could not believe the increase in boat speed and points higher :nuts:

Had smile a mile wide :smiley: until put boat back in the water after taking setting measurements & notes, left the power switch off again !! …you guessed it, had another marathon swim to catch her again :mad: once is a mistake but, twice now it’s becoming a habit .

HI Alan,
For me the jib is too close again !
You should try the delta angle between the two booms to be around 12°
As you did it was 12° - 4° = 8° only, therefore much les then 12°.
It may depends from the sail shape that the 12° figure could vary around +/-2°.
Certanly 8° was too close and assume that the main was not working properly.

If you have moved forward the jib boom by 27mm one could assume that the CE was moved proportionally ahead let says 18/19mm and possibly rendering the boat bearing away…
What I can suggest, is to move only one parameter starting jib boom set at 15°/16° from C/L and observe the reactions.
Try subsequents runs by reducing by 1° at the time up to the point you are obtaining satisfactory results in therms of pointing and speed.

If it is pointing too high, then may be a good idea to move the jib slightly ahead by 1/2cm at the time.
This is the basic tuning that will be followed by the sail adjustment. This do not esclude that previous parameters may need some re adjustements.

Cheers
ClaudioD

PS:
BTW you can do similar adjustment on ground by tilting the boat about 30° and facing the wind at 45°.
The sail shall not shiver

some suggestions :

http://youtu.be/5JaeKpDvMl8
http://youtu.be/_Dm9GPXBDGk

text from my friend EXO
http://classe1metre.org/reglages/voilesexo/index.htm

ClaudioD

Hi Claudio,

A few corrections from your valuable observations, the delta between the booms was 12 – 2 = 10 degree (not 8) and had moved the Jib forward 23 mm (not 27 mm)

When sailing on big boats few weeks ago I spent lot of time trying different settings to get a feel for the interaction between the Jib & Mainsail & as we all know sitting in the boat is lot better than watching from 50-300 metres away I can confirm transferring my RC mind-set onto a big boat when came to sail interaction settings was way off with the Jib, main was very good.

Eventually starting to re-think my misunderstandings of having the Jib funneling maximum wind speed onto the windward side of the main and lower pressure on the leeward side of the main which supposedly gives lift and drive (aircraft wing lift theory) It was until I got it into my peanut that we are not using hard wings, but soft sails which are far more sensitive to pressure changes than hard wings.

The vid you posted on the Tuning a Soling (thank you) provided another answer to the puzzle @ 4:55 “Boom angles are not a dimension but a function of interaction between the sails using sail luffing as visual indicator” I recall when heading Red Bull into the wind that both sails where luffing at exactly same time from head to foot so I feel the boom angles are pretty good.

Moving toward thinking the Jib is where the power comes from and the main is to control speed & direction for soft sails … the opposite for hard wing theory. Why ? … I cannot explain myself easily here but basically the thing we can’t see is the air flowing over the sails being laminar at the entry of the Jib then changing to turbulent boundary layer over the surface then turning into turbulent separation at the leech ….possibly meaning the disturbed air turbulence coming onto the entry main from the Jib leech was not good… Jib leech too close to the main entry? But when the Jib was moved forward + 23 mm the boat sailed completely differently through the water ! (note: completely ignore over-lapping Genoa theories, don’t think they apply to Jib’s)

Helm balance did move off to leeward, as I said it was easily corrected by trimming main sheet down to 10 mm and positive thing was sailing higher into the wind without losing speed.

Hi Alan,
sorry for the additional 4mm !.
So everything is ok now and glad to hear and wishing you good sailing in Ravenna.
Cheers
ClaudioD

Hi, brilliant video and fantastic boat - would love to helm one one day but we’re limited in options over here for now !

I noticed on the beat that your main boom is moving slightly up and down which means a loose kicker and a relatively open main leech, was that on purpose for the day to de-power the main a bit but then I noticed a loose main luff which means a slack cunni which is bizarre if you want to open the main leech and de-power ?

If that helps with your tuning :slight_smile:
G

Thanks G, finally got it all sorted …I think but never sure :rolleyes:

The week before the regatta was time to update who was coming from Central Europe following the 2 week regatta postponement. Of the five hopeful participants three had work commitments that could not be changed so our contingent was down from five to two with Jörg and myself.

I was undecided which boat to take, had no opportunity to test Red Bull against my other any boats, so she was taken out of the equation and decision was left between Jaguar & ETNZ. The weather forecast finally made the decision for me as it indicated Saturday would be light to moderate which best suited Jaguar & Sunday (match racing day) little more wind was forecast and this is the sweet spot for ETNZ NZL-92.

I figured I had good chance of finishing in the top eight of fleet racing to qualify for final match racing on Sunday with ETNZ than to have guaranteed top eight position with Jaguar but it would not be the right boat suited for match racing in heavier wind conditions forecasted for Sunday. My only goal is to win the Italian IACC 120 Cup in the match racing.

Jörg had not quite completed building of his Blackmagic NZL-32 so he had mine for the weekend on the understanding that the boat had not been totally sorted so it would be trail & error with boat tuning.

Thursday was off to Munich and to catch up with the guys from the AC 120 workshop [i](see their progress here)[/i] hook-up with Jörg & Grigorios and have evening together at the Oktoberfest before our drive to Ravenna the next day.

Was great to have some-one to chat with on the long journey, makes it go lot faster and I learnt that Jörg was 17th in the German IOM championship so he was going to be no slouch on the water, we spend good part of the journey talking about the design rational behind Blackmagic and little features build into the boat for different wind conditions so he could understand different configurations available with Blackmagic NZL-32 during the regatta.

Weather on Saturday was summer conditions with 25 C and light to moderate wind (2-4 knots) with wind starting in SW for the morning then shifting 105 degrees to the East in the afternoon. When it comes to sailing I am superstitious & when I saw only 13 boats were registered I thought to myself this is not a good start but hey the weather was perfect and had been waiting 1 year for this … so let’s enjoy it.

Blackmagic was set-up for light wind mode with keel fin draft reduced by 30 mm from max with smallest rudder surface option and minimum displacement set to 4500 grams. ETNZ has no appendages change only sail settings.

First fleet race was to bench mark boat speed and settings and opportunity to settle the nerves, finished 7th & Jörg in 8th which was good, showed that my training alone back home that we were not too far away from the veterans, made few minor chamber and boom angles changes and then back on the water for next races with following results:

Alan: 5, DNF, 9, 4, 3, 8, DSQ
Jörg: 2, 5, 3, 5, 4, 7, DSQ

Jörg was fired up and making great progress and by mid-morning the course was settled for most of rest of the day. I found everyone was bunching up and parking on the lee pin end of the start line, I hate parking and was doing time & distance starts but caught a penalty on a parker at start of 2nd race but managed to crawl my way up to 5th.

Then for next two races I changed to port time & distance approach to line at windward pin end and tacked to starboard at the start, I was clear of the fleet and away with 4th and 3rd placing’s over next couple of races and ETNZ was faster in light air than I had originally thought. I decided to back off on the pedal as I did not want to show ETNZ speed to the top Italian skippers, I just wanted to qualify in top eight of fleet racing to be eligible for match racing.

Seventh race the fleet move up the line on the start but we I was still clear and had clean starts and then was t-boned at weather mark by top skipper on port approach when I was on starboard, he quickly did his “penalty turn at the mark” on my weather side and was away again in front of me … uh ? what the hell is this for a tactic, take a penalty and gain advantage by blocking my wind while doing his penalty, called for protest and was told penalty was done and no redress, continue racing.

Race eight Jörg joined me as he was frustrated with people parking on the line and he followed my time & distance port approach to the line and tack to port on the line, I was caught by with contact and was taking my penalty turn but Jörg got a clean start, then the race umpire called that Jörg & I were disqualified for doing a port start … (no local rule explained pre-start) hello !?

I was told port starts are not allowed and we were disqualified to ensure we did not forget it !? …after this incident I was good little kiwi sheep and followed the flock for rest for the day :wink: after all, I just wanted to finish in top eight to qualify for match racing :rolleyes:

As the day progresses the lack of rule understanding become more apparent to me as I was t-boned twice more by the same skipper at the weather mark and he duly took penalty turns to his advantage & on another start I was calling for space as I was luffing up a boat to weather and then there was contact, I called for penalty and ignored again. I was becoming little frustrated but hey it is only sailing right !

Later in the day my boat became a magnet for weed which either DNF’d or finished back of the fleet.
Saturday evening we met at restaurant in Ravenna that gave me opportunity to bring out the rule book to clarify few points in friendly discussion. We were informed there was going to be change for Sunday schedule :frowning: not sure of the full reasons, but I understood it was because too many people could not participate and that Saturdays leader board skipper could not attend Sunday, so there would be NO match racing … and my goal for 2013 varnished.

Sunday was raining and wind was 3-4 knots in the morning and was expected to be up to 10 knots in the afternoon, Jörg decided with expected increased in wind speed was time to try extending the keel fin to max of 420 mm to have maximum righting moment however on the water he & I noticed the boat was considerably slower in light air with full keel draft, so took 30 mm out and the boat was at front of the pack again, which proved to me that RC boats are very sensitive to wetted area, in light air.

After lunch back on the water and then halfway through a race a furious squall with heavy rain hit the fleet and knocked everyone flat, thankfully there were no sinking’s, but two boats were locked in irons and heading out of radio range … and one of them was Blackmagic NZL-32 !!! Poor Jörg’s face turned white with fear when he saw that my boat was possibly heading off over the horizon :knockout: I looked on and saw it was heading to bank on other side and gave little comfort by telling him that the boat looked like it was pointing well in heavy wind, at least 5 degrees higher than the other boat ! … that’s a good thing buddy :wink:

Only damage I saw to the fleet seemed to be one bent mast.

Jörg had great regatta with Blackmagic that made me happy and motivated him with the same boat design he under construction that it has lot of potential. Soon we will have a few more boats ready & we can sail together before next year’s Italian IACC 120 Championship and hopefully get the Central European IACC 120 group off the ground in 2014.

I had great weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed myself albeit it did no show in the results, ETNZ sailed above my expectations and only real problem was catching seaweed that happened to during 6 races (out of 18) that dropped me to back of field to 9th place on the first day, only had one place to pick up Sunday morning and would have been in top eight. But the regatta changed to fleet racing only half way through the weekend there so it was just fun sailing for me this year and I will have to wait until next year for match racing !

A big big thank you to the Italian organisers and all the AC 120 skippers & friends for wonderful weekend….already looking forward to next year !!!

Cheers Alan

For a better view set the resolution to 480p

//youtu.be/zrSxFOy6K1o

//youtu.be/RjpmsRSjfE4

//youtu.be/tJiACVlRqo4

//youtu.be/YumgXUM0AH8

//youtu.be/ldPzVFSipT0

(Translated using google translator :slight_smile: )

We have just concluded the races of exciting IACC120 2013 edition of the Italian Cup , and are still alive in us the good times and the strong emotions experienced this year that we 're going to tell. Thirteen unions in race, two North European, three debutants . On Saturday morning at 9.30 am appointment at Lake of Mirabilandia, the sun peeked out from some clouds then came out overbearing at times to illuminate the hulls sparkling . The desire to race and had to confront a lot , after a year of waiting , so they immediately started the fleet racing . Light Wind 1-3 knots from the North West, very little wave . Under these conditions , which lasted for 4 races , Alinghi SUI 100 skipper Matthias Begozzi , union IACC120 CUP winner of 6 , has been shown to have an incredible pace , winning two races ; well Shosholoza RSA -09 skipper Gianluca Nardo, syndicated winner of 3 IACC120 ITALIAN CUP , 2 Safalero 's Cup skipper and Italian 2012 champion IOM , with a win. Great step for BMW Oracle USA -71 with a win, skipper Tancini Moreno , winner of a IACC120 ITALIAN CUP , A Safalero 's Cup champion and M class and IOM . A bit in the shade Areva FRA- 93 skipper Folicaldi Mauro , winner of a IACC120 ITALIAN CUP and two Safalero Well the union 's Cup Black Magic NZL- 32 with skipper German Jorge , on his debut , which has hit a series of interesting placements . In the late morning the ranking was led by the then Swiss syndicate Alinghi , when the wind shifted to the east , increasing in intensity at about 4-6 knots and Shosholoza has found the right set -up . From this moment on, we have seen a series of regattas almost photocopy , in which the trade union in South Africa, has hit eight consecutive victories, thanks to the masterful experience of the skipper who has always made ​​a good start pulling out of the brawl , followed almost each Alinghi SUI- 100 , all too often lingered from various problems of traffic and a touch of boa too , and the other , especially BMW Oracle and Areva . In the first positions to follow alternated +39 Challenge , helmed by Ermanno Brunelli , often a very good start , Azzurra ITA -73 skippered by Renato Chiesa, Black Magic NZL -32 and Luna Rossa helmed by Lorenzo D’Ignazio . Azzurra fought with electronic problems and rudder for most of the day and often had an excellent step -hauled , with a great angle with the wind. Luna Rossa has impressed at times , leaving the frontlines , but regularly then could not defend the position of an accomplice set-up is not optimal. At the end of the day Alinghi finally manages to find a set -up spectacular and its sails are absolutely perfect run fast hull , is he succeeded in bringing home two important victories for the classification.

Sunday morning were planned fleet racing and match racing on the morning of the best first 8 in the afternoon. The day opens with the news that the union Shosholoza will not be in water cause crew’s problems : general confusion ! But the show must go on . Almost no wind and clouds blacks as pitch threatening storm. Three races are sailed really light : a win apiece between BMW Oracle and Alinghi and Areva that with a amazing recovery to the last beat, when the wind had dropped almost to zero, exceeds 20 cm at the finish line for Alinghi which had dominated regatta! Then begins the fourth race , the wind suddenly rises to 4-5 knots : if Alinghi was ranked the 5th best place would win the Cup , as it was known that the condimeteo the afternoon were not suited to play in the match racing start quite confusing , Alinghi bad part , tenth, in the last positions , and like a madman trying to make up positions . The first windward mark was seventh after the first run , second, now missing half the stern and a half beat to win the Italian Cup , but at this point , as in the best thriller novels , proving that nothing is obvious in the sail , as we were taught the latter america’s cup and the race canceled while the New Zealanders were in sight of the goal that would give them the victory in the America 's Cup , everything suddenly becomes dark, and a mighty wind at 25-30 knots on the race comes after seconds from a flood. All hell breaks loose , the boats are buffeted by the waves and the wind, no longer able to govern and the race is canceled, and it was no longer possible to race for the rest of the day. Shosholoza takes advantage of the three available waste , eliminates the three races not played on Sunday , and then maintains the lead in the standings, thus winning for the fourth time IACC120 ITALIAN CUP ! ! What incredible finish worthy to be remembered for many years! Once again, the South African trade union with a boat is excellent but not exceeding, Alinghi , the R. Chiesa modified project , sails Luke 71-5 , thanks to the skill of the skipper , he manages to win the coveted trophy. 10 wins, 3 second places at the end .

Alinghi SUI 100 , probably the fastest boat on average this weekend of racing , completely designed and built by Matthias Begozzi , with sails Luca71-5, TD-model components . 6 wins , 6 seconds, 4 third places .

Third place BMW Oracle USA -71 , also a modified R.Chiesa project , which has suffered throughout the weekend strong performance of the first two boats and only sometimes failed to show up in top classify, too much of some algae in the bulb . In the end he finished with two wins, two seconds and 4 third places .

A fourth follow Areva FRA- 93 with a win, two seconds and four third places , has always had a good pace and it’s almost always been in the first group of boats , was lacking this year that steady pace that had characterized the latest editions .

Fifth ranked Black Magic NZL- 32, beautiful boat built by New Zealander Alan Wymer and helmed by German Jorge in its debut hits a beautiful result ! Excellent with light wind defended well with moderate winds . Bravi !

Sixth classified Azzura ITA -73 , designed and built by Renato Chiesa, has been plagued by electrical problems and at the helm for the whole weekend , so despite the good performance , thanks to some seaweed too , failed almost never to be seen in the first group of boats. Too bad because it could reach far greater heights .

Seventh classified +39 Challenge helmed by Ermanno Brunelli , several excellent step often very good starts at the top, then a lot of mistakes regularly made ​​him fall in the standings. Too bad because +39 can do better and it showed in the past!

Eighth ranked Luna Rossa helmed by Lorenzo D’Ignazio , also said that she is for the previous two boats: a pity! The boat is fast, fresh winner of the Challenger Cup IACC120 Roman , often at the first mark was in the top positions , then various errors made ​​her lose positions . The tension plays tricks .

Ninth ranked Fly Emirates New Zealand , beautiful, and also very fast usually , masterfully built by Alan Wymer and helmed by itself, this edition has not been hardly ever among the first , algae, many errors both departing and racing have always relegated the New Zealand team in the back. A real shame because the boat has a very high potential !

Tenth ranked BMW Oracle USA -98 built and skippered by Emanuele Tatti his first participation . Well well , the team made the experience gained and the next boat already in the pipeline will come even faster than this!

Eleventh classified Victory Challenge SWE- 73. Boat beautifully built by Carlo Masi who is also the skipper, the second experience has suffered problems servant sails that have kept it off for many regattas . We hope you find yourself even more fundamental reliability of absolute performance .

Twelfth classified Alinghi SUI- 100-2 built and skippered by Stefano Guidi. First experience for him, beautiful boat , almost entirely self-made , he took some satisfaction with good placings . More than that he could not do!

Thirteenth classified Victory Challenge SWE -63 , built and skippered by Antonio Sirma to his first experience in the water : the boat is one of the most beautiful , but he had all those problems that suffer from novices . Antonio Bravo and uses the experience to improve in the future!
We thank the Friends of the organizing the event, The Wind of Ravenna, for the hospitality and commitment in making the event possible!

See you at the next edition then hoping that he gives us so many emotions ! The hulls will be back in the water IACC120 in Rome on October 20 for the start of Round Robin valid for the qualification to IACC120 CUP . Fair winds to you all and congratulations ! !

Wonderful edition of IACC120 Italian’s Cup!!! Alan, great job!!!